Friday 1 March 2013

Smashbox eyeshadow palletes

Having bought the Smashbox 'try it kit' and thought every one of the products really good quality, I decided to splash out a little on a couple of their eye palettes. I'd seen one of their tutorials and thought the shadows worked really well, so waited patiently for my next makeup binge, when I'd allow myself to buy them (basically when the next pay cheque came in), and wound up getting two; the 'blue eyes' and 'brown eyes' palettes.
To start with I'd just like to point out the obvious that they make it really easy for you here, they've selected six shades that complement specific eye colours and put them into a singe box, plus a handy double ended brush. All you have to do is remember what colour your eyes are! Not exactly tricky is it?!
Saying that, I have hazel eyes and I bought the blue and brown eyes palettes. I do have a reason though:- they're not for me, they're for my kit! But I will be getting the 'hazel eyes' palette as soon as I get paid again!

Brown Eyes Palette

Blue Eyes Palette - Coppers will really make blue eyes pop!

Having pointed out the obvious, I'd like to say....these eye shadows are amazing! The first time I tried them I was rushing to get out of the house and opted for a quick subtle peachy eye with a bit of definition in the crease, these shadows just blended SO easily and went on so smoothely and the colour pay off was really good too.
Each palette comes with a mixture of matte and shimmer shadows, perfect for creating smokey eyes, use a shimmer on the lid, matte in the crease and BLEND = perfection.


Matte Black Case


I'd recommend these to anyone looking for an eyeshadow palette which takes all the difficulty out of choosing the right shades for you, and is easy to apply when your on the go and short of time! As I know a lot of you ladies are! For really easy blending I like to apply the shadow with the Smashbox Tapered Shadow Brush, it has really soft but dense fibers, so perfect for creating intense colour and flawless blending. Although the double ended brush it comes with does the job perfectly well, and the smaller one is brilliant for doing along the lash line!

Each palette is £32.50 and worth every penny. I got mine from www.smashbox.co.uk

Anna x




No comments:

Post a Comment