Thursday 16 May 2013

Back to blogging! Avon SuperShock Gel liner

I'm finally back to blogging having been absolutely caotic with projects and work! However I had to put a stop to that last week when I broke my foot which has played havoc with my schedule and move to Brighton for the summer but on the plus side I now have copious amounts of time for my blog! So I'm back on the wagon and ready to go..

Being dutiful family members my gran and cousin popped round earlier today with a pile of magazines and chocolate (not so good if your stuck on your bum for the foreseeable future) to keep me busy. Amongst the pile was Marie Claire magazine, with low and behold a full sized free sample of Avon's SuperShock gel liner in pencil form, yipee I thought some new makeup to review, and here it is....


Now, I have to admit that this is the first Avon product I have EVER tried (whether that's classed as a sin or not I don't know) but providing me with a free full sized product will always put my mood on the sunny side, and so far so good! The product glides on like a dream, it's a very soft, jet black pencil and as long as you don't press too hard it's really easy to apply. Once dried it's pretty much smudge proof, but this doesn't mean vigorous rubbing won't cause some colour displacement! The only issue I can really see with this product is that when it comes to sharpening you're likely to loose quite a bit of the liner as it's VERY soft and the pencil is obviously hard, although it's made from plastic so will offer less resistance than wood! You can get your sample in this months issue of Marie Claire on sale for £2.50 instead of the usual £3.80, however if you miss this issue you can always buy it direct from Avon where I think they have it at the offer price of £3.00 plus postage instead of £6.00, there seem to be discounts everywhere at the moment! You'll have a choice of gel liner, brow definer or red lipstick with the Marie Claire mag, I'd get all three if I could get to the shops!


So in a nutshell the SuperShock gel eye-liner is ideal if you love the longevity of gel liner and the convenience of a pencil, it's quick and easy to use, and won't break the bank, just be prepared for some sharpening issues! 

If you've tried it let me know what you think..

Anna x

2 comments:

  1. Ooo it looks really good. I went off pencils because they never stayed on, but this looks like a product I'd actually enjoy. Welcome back to blogging :)

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth it for the price of a £2.50 mag! I've always had the same problem and tend to stick to gel liner with a brush but I actually really like this, would work really well on a smokey eye look :) xx

      Delete