Friday 15 March 2013

Bobbi Brown BBU Face Palette

Please excuse the lack of posts this week, I've been caught up with a big assessment for SFX next week, and it's been keeping me rather busy!
After a long debate with myself as to weather or not I should invest in the Bobbi Brown BBU palette, I went ahead and bought one. It cost me around £143.00 with my 25% student discount and would normally be £185. I decided to go ahead with it mainly because it comes with 20 shades of their stick foundation, 11 shades of corrector and 14 shades of their creamy concealer.
I thought it would be a very handy thing to have in my kit, as a go to, due to it having so many shades of foundation in one handy place! The foundations are yellow based which is great for redness etc but not so great if you have someone with a pinky toned skin, needless to say I still get good use out of them and I'm forever using the correctors and concealers (as you can see from the pic) which are great for all skin tones as they have peachy tones for dark skins and pinks for lighter ones, and they give fab coverage!
The foundations give a very full coverage which is brilliant for covering blemishes and it's always good to keep a slightly heavier duty foundation in your kit, and they can be blended in to give more of a medium coverage if full coverage isn't the desired finish!
The other thing with this palette is I was expecting it to be on the small side but not quite as compact as it turned out to be! That being said it's still been very usefull and excellent quality; but I don't think the spare mixing well is necessary as you end up wasting valuable foundation buy using it! So instead I use a very small palette knife to decant what I need onto a palette/back of my hand, so that nothings wasted (and it's also very higenic). I got my palette knife in the HD brush set from Crown Brush and I have to say it's been very handy, especially with this palette! You can see what it looks like in my blog post on the HD brush set: http://inthemakeupbox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/crown-brush-hd-set.html


If you're looking at getting it for personal use...don't! You won't use half the shades in there (if that!) making it a huge waste of money, you can buy the foundations individually for £28 and the correctors and concealers for £18, which can be matched up to your specific skin tone at your nearest Bobbi Brown counter! Couldn't be simpler!
  
But from a professional point of view, over all I would say the BBU palette (although being small) was worth the money, It's compact which means it's lightwight and doesn't take up much space in my kit - which is always good news! I'd recommend it to anyone who dosn't have heaps of different foundations already, needs to save on space and is pro, quality over quantity; and especially if you have pro or student discount!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment