Monday 18 March 2013

Smashbox Tapered Shadow Brush

If you haven't had the good fortune of trying Smashbox's brushes then you should. I can't vouch for all of them, but I bought their tapered [eye]shadow brush #7 a few weeks ago, and oh my is it good. I'm assuming the quality goes accross the board, but that's never guaranteed so this blog review is soley about the eye shadow brush (the wee brushes that come in their palettes are also good as far as mini's go!)...
The bristles on this brush are dense and it's natural fibres are super soft, so it's perfect for packing colour onto the lid (or anywhere else for that matter!), and it blends amazingly well, I wish I had more than one of them! It's £19.50 from www.smashbox.co.uk, but you can buy them from Smashbox counters at selected Boots stores. And as an added bonus for buying it online, postage is usually free and you get to choose a mini sample with your purchase.
The only thing that lets the brush down is that it has a tendency to moult ever so slightly when washing it (and I don't even submerge my brushes), but it's not enough to put me off!
It's now a staple eye shadow brush in my brush set, I'm looking forward to trying the rest of their range (apart from the angled liner brush, it's still Illamasqua's ALB all the way for me!).

I noticed last Christmas they did a brush set, which I'm gutted I missed out on! So if you're very patient, it would be worth waiting for!

Tip: Avoid using natural fibre brushes with cream products, as they'll soak up the oils, which will ruin the brush.

Anna x

As always your comments are very welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty brush, i swear by mac usually, but my sister is coaxing me towards smash box.
    I saw your post on the Company Magazine forum.
    Would love to follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know with a comment and I always follow back.
    Love from London.
    Love G xx

    www.supercalafashionistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I love them, I've got a blog post on their Luminizing Lotion coming up, and their eyeshadows blend like you wouldn't believe.
    Love your blog title & love that satchel!
    You have a new follower :)

    Anna xx


    ReplyDelete