Thursday 21 February 2013

Dotty nails

For me having tidy nails can make all the difference to your appearance and how you feel, you see your nails every time you do something with your hands, which when you think about it, is all the time!
Nail art is on the up, but it can be time consuming and quite technical so here's a little design which is seriously simple!



Pastels are big for next season and this is quite a nice way to do the trend, I bought some pastel shades from Barry M and Maxfactor ranging from £2.99 to £3.99, they're great value for money as I've had them on for three days without a top coat and not one chip has appeared, and I've even helped my dad mend a fence! So I'll definitely be buying these again! 

All you need is a few different shades a nail varnish a  dotting brush and a steady hand! I couldn't find my nail art brushes so I used a fine paint brush (make sure its one you don't mind ruining) it didn't quite give me the results I was after, but I quite like the  unequal/unevenness of my dots which are more like blobs! I had to do about three coats of shade 308 in Barry M nail paint to get a nice solid colour for the base as it's quite opaque, but even with that many layers it dried quite quickly. Then all I had to do was dot on my other colours haphazardly and leave them to dry!  

All in all I think you can achieve a really simple yet affective look in a short amount of time! Plus they're super cute!

Anna x

No comments:

Post a Comment