Thursday 24 April 2014

The key to soft supple skin: Cocoa body butter

It's well known that cocoa butter is a great moisturiser, it's the natural fat extracted from the cacao bean from South America and West Africa. But I didn't appreciate JUST how good it was until I set off on my travels around South East Asia! Having been away for just over a month during April - the hottest month of the year, I began to notice my skin becoming, naturally, very dry. This was everywhere from the highly sun exposed areas such as my shoulders, legs and chest to my less exposed stomach! Having been a good traveller and drinking a lot of water along with rehydration salts daily, there was only one thing left I could do.. MOISTURISE LIKE CRAZY.

I've now been using my cocoa butter religiously and there's not a dry patch in sight! Cocoa butter also increases your skins natural elasticity, perfect for keeping your skin supple and youthful.. a bonus if your out in the sun all day! However.. don't forget to keep your sun protection topped up, I use an SPF30 all over, it doesn't stop you tanning, but I've not burnt once!
It's also been noted that the natural emollients in cocoa butter create a barrier against the environment and can help to alleviate the symptoms of eczema and dermatitis.

Here are a two of my faves, both of which I've brought on my travels,  as you'll know all ready from my previous post! They're both effective and affordable!

**The Body Shop Cocoa butter is so good, I was told off for putting lotion on by a Thai waxing lady.. Over 24 hours before!**

1. Body Shops Cocoa Butter Body Butter, smells amazing and is my number one go to! £13.00 for 200ML

http://m.thebodyshop.co.uk/mt/www.thebodyshop.co.uk/bath-body-care/body-butter/cocoa-butter-body-butter.aspx?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_redirect

Body shop do a full range of other Cocoa butter products all of which are fair trade from lip care to lotions, oils and scrubs! Its worth watching out for their promotions and offers.. always a good deal to be had!

2. Garnier intensive seven days body lotion. Just as fabulous and for the budget conscious.
You can get it in 200ML and 400ML starting at around £2 from most high street chemists/superstores. 

Happy moisturising!

No comments:

Post a Comment